Thank you to those of you who were able to join us for the film last Friday (March 6, 2020) . If you were unable to attend, no worries, you can watch the video on your own (if you have Netflix). We viewed the 4th episode of their series called Broken: Recycling Sham.
In addition to that video, Story of Stuff sent around this short video (3 minutes) asking if plastic producers should pay for recycling. Check it out here…
Finally, below you will find web addresses and a bit of information about the companies whose products we shared. As discussed, this list is merely a sampling of all the fabulous products and companies that are out there and, as a group, we are all interested in becoming more informed about our options so we ask that each of you share your own knowledge and experience. Together we can make it easy and fun to avoid plastic!
- Enviroscent – enviroscent.com – safer scents, healthier planet, better smelling, nature-powered innovations
- Grove Collaborative – www.grove.co – exclusively carry products that meet our standards for being non-toxic, effective, sustainable, and cruelty-free. We value safety, transparency, social welfare and exclusively work with partners who do, too. We also carbon offset every shipment that goes out our door. **Find the e-cloth at Grove Collaborative – no cleaning chemicals needed
- Lush Cosmetics – Perimeter Mall or www.lushusa.com – freshest cosmetics online, ethical buying of ingredients, 100% vegetarian, handmade, naked packaging, fights animal testing.
- Mighty Nest – mightynest.com – Each month, they’ll send you one of our favorite clean and green products so you can start making changes that are better for you and the planet. It will all be shipped consciously in minimal, recyclable packaging. Every company they work with is passionate about creating remarkable products that are good for people and the planet.
- Smile.amazon.com (select UUMAN as your charity of choice and ask them to reduce your packaging). You can find things here like bamboo toothbrushes, toothpaste tablets, shampoo bars, reusable bags, bars of soap, etc. Just search environmentally friendly products and get sucked into many pages of products on offer. **NOTE – Mighty Nest and Grove Collaborative will have many of the same products
- Tru Earth – www.tru.earth Laundry strips