Membership Coordinator Job
JOB DESCRIPTION – UUMAN MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
STATUS: 10 hours/week, non-exempt
DATES: yearly employee contract, from July 1st – June 30th
BENEFITS: 54 hours (9 six-hour days) paid time off during contract year, 1 Sunday off per month
REPORTS TO: Minister
The Membership Coordinator will be engaged in all areas of managing membership including recruitment of members, retention of current members, and tracking of UUMAN’S members and visitors as they process through the stages of engagement. The Membership Coordinator serves under the direct supervision of the Minister.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains and oversees welcoming of visitors to UUMAN on Sunday mornings
- Immediately following Sunday service will continue welcoming visitors.
- Follows up with visitors through a phone call or email
- Creates and provides materials for welcoming visitors
- Collects and tracks visitor data
Pathway to Belonging
- Organizes and leads UU 101
- Advises leader of New Member Sunday
- Create a mentorship program for new or potential members to increase sense of belonging
- Co-Chairs the Membership Committee and reports regularly to the Program Council
- Works closely with the UUMAN Board and submits a monthly report to the Board
- Works closely with the Outreach Committee to increase the public’s awareness of UUMAN
- Works with Communications Committee to ensure that UUMAN is communicating effectively to its members and potential members
- Works closely with the DRE to provide information about the needs of families with children and youth.
- Tracks membership by utilizing a database of members
- Conducts exit interviews with members who have left UUMAN
- Collaborates with Care Circle leads to ensure integration of new members and identification of members at risk
The UUMAN Membership Coordinator will meet the following qualifications:
- demonstrate skill in interpersonal relations and group dynamics.
- be comfortable with the Principles and Purposes of the UUA.
- have strong communication, computer, social media, and organizational skills.
- work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- demonstrate the ability to work collegially with other professionals and leaders in the congregation.
- be proficient with the tracking system used in UUMAN.
- demonstrate a high level of trust (A violation of trust may result in immediate dismissal)
- always exhibit professionalism.
- be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- always be conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking, and prioritizing projects.
- possess the ability to work independently without supervision.
To apply please send applications to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.